Join Our Team
This is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a difference with children.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people who will take the job as seriously as we do. We are committed to providing the best camp experience to our campers, families and staff.
We currently only have openings in our middle school travel program. The job description is below.
All applicants must apply using our online portal, CampInTouch. Contact Beth Richman with any questions about working at Camp JCC.
Camp JCC Sayarim Counselor
Camp JCC Sayarim counselors will travel to local and regional attractions and provide direct and excellent supervision of a group of children in our day travel programs, Sayarim Aleph (rising 5th & 6th graders) and Sayarim Bet (rising 7th-9th graders).
The dates of employment for 2018 are June 18th-August 10th and pre-camp training will be required. Dates will be decided at a later date.
Work hours are Monday-Friday 8:35-4:30, excluding extended days that return around 5:30pm and overnights.
- Supervises a group of approximately 15-20 campers with another staff member.
- Plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings when needed.
- Identify and meet each camper’s needs. This includes, learning likes/dislikes, recognizing and responding to opportunities for problem solving, interaction between campers and staff, creating great travel camp experiences for each camper.
- Communicate with destination venues to confirm reservations etc.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows Camp JCC policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in a day camp setting. Desire and ability to work with children and teens.
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group, as well as ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications are required. There will be an opportunity to get these certificates in a pre-camp training.
- Must have or be willing to get a Commercial Driver’s license (Camp JCC will pay for this license).
- Must possess good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor patience, and self-control.
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, and sportsmanship.
- Positive, “can do” attitude which is demonstrated by a willingness to pitch in and help wherever needed as well as an ability to anticipate what is needed.