Women’s Self Defense (AP)
Thursday, June 7, 2018, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
12804 Norwood Road
Raleigh, NC 27613
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Participants will leave the class empowered with knowledge, physical self-defense moves, and conditioning to protect themselves.
Two-hour self-defense class. This intense workshop is designed for busy women and teens and will deal with assault, signs of trouble, and self-defense comprehensively and in a “to-the-point” manner.
Participants will be:
- Openly discussing:
- Personal Safety
- Crime statistics
- Personal space and assertiveness
- Confidence through eye contact, posture and voice.
- Role playing common situations such as:
- Safety tips for school, work, and travel
- Locations such as parties, parking lot, alley, and home
- Vocalizing in an assertive but non-aggressive manner
- Practicing and reinforcing fighting techniques including:
- Blocks, strikes, kicks
- Seven vulnerable points
- Breaking out of holds and chokes
- Fighting from the ground
About the instructor: Cyndy Yu Robinson is a 6th degree black belt and senior instructor at Triangle’s Best Karate. She has taught self-defense classes across the United States since 1990 and has designed classes for corporate settings, college orientations, and smaller groups of teens, young adults, and working mothers.
RSVP by 5/31
JCC Members: $10.00 General Community: $20.00